Activon Medical Grade Manuka Honey
ABOUT THE PRODUCT
- A natural way to treat wounds - Maintains the ideal moist wound healing environment
- Manuka Honey creates a moist healing environment and provides antibacterial action
- Eliminates wound odor without masking it
- Creates osmotic effect to pull harmful tissue away from wound bed
- Use Activon Tube in conjunction with Algivon for debriding and de-sloughing
- Tube, 0.9 oz
Activon Tube contains 100% Manuka honey with no additives from New Zealand. Manuka honey is filtered and sterilized, making it suitable for application to wounds. Manuka honey will de-bride and de-slough, eliminate odors and provides a moist wound healing environment.
Activon Tube is ideal for debriding necrotic tissue, or for topping up dressings where the honey has been washed away by exudate. Great for using in cavities, just wash away with saline solution.
Activon Tube may be applied to any wound but especially: Pressure ulcers, leg ulcers, diabetic ulcers, surgical wounds, burns, graft sites, infected wounds, cavity wounds and sinuses
Although the honey is not absorbed into the blood stream, we advise monitoring the levels of patients with diabetes. Do not use if allergic to bee venom.
Discomfort can be experienced when honey is applied, depending on sensitivity of the wound it may be necessary to consider an appropriate level of analgesic. The initial discomfort usually subsides, however, if it does continue, discontinue use and irrigate the wound with saline solution.