STOP BLEEDING QUICK
AllaQuix® Stop Bleeding Gauze is a Professional-Grade Hemostat
AllaQuix® Works Independently of the Clotting Cascade to Stop Bleeding Quick
Medical Professionals now have a new choice for stopping bleeding quick
AllaQuix® Stop Bleeding Gauze is that choice.
You will be impressed with the efficacy. You will be pleased with the price.
And you, your patients, and your staff will like the easy-to-use, comfortable option.
Reviewed and Cleared By The FDA
- For over the counter use (OTC)
- For the management of minor cuts, minor scalds and first-degree burns, abrasion, and lacerations.
WHAT IS CHITOSAN
• AllaQuix® is made from medical-grade chitosan
• Chitosan is a naturally occurring, biocompatible polysaccharide
• Chitosan has been used by medical professionals in the U.S. military,
hospitals, and EMS for the past 20+ years to stop bleeding fast
CHITOSAN HAS A LONG HISTORY AS AN EFFECTIVE HEMOSTAT
• Early work in medical applications, specifically hemostasis started with Malette and Quigley in the 1980s
• Chitosan-based hemostats prevalent in surgical and trauma settings – where severe bleeding needs to be controlled quickly
• US military has used chitosan-based hemostats – one branch of the military included a chitosan-based hemostat in their improved first aid kits
• Decades of use and dozens of published articles
CHISTOSAN EXHIBITS MANY BENEFICIAL PROPERTIES IN MEDICINE
- Rapid control of bleeding (hemostasis)
- Antimicrobial activity
- Stimulates wound healing
Chitosan exhibits many beneficial properties in medicine and now an effective and economical chitosan hemostat is available to you!
CHITOSAN ACTS INDEPENDENT OF THE CLOTTING CASCADE
• Hemostasis initiated independent of platelets or coagulation factors
• Forms a stable coagulum with blood in the absence of fibrin
• It has been shown that chitosan can induce hemostasis with washed red blood cells alone
CHITOSAN IS IDEAL FOR THOSE WITH:
• Bleeding disorders
• Clotting disorders
• Anticoagulation therapy
HOW DOES CHITOSAN WORK
• Hemostasis attributed to physical interaction between positively charged chitosan polymer and negatively charged cell membrane of the red blood cells
• Chitosan fibers are designed to aggregate platelets along the fiber to accelerate clot formation, even when anticoagulation therapies are used
Chitosan fibers adhere to a bleeding wound to create a tight, stable clot
• Once the wound dressing is on the wound, the positive charge of the chitosan fibers of AllaQuix® attract red blood cells, which have a negative charge
• When the red blood cells bind to the AllaQuix® pad, a seal over the wound and a tight, stable clot at the site of the wound are created
• This seal and clot at the wound control the bleeding
• Less than $10 per application
• Medical professionals have historically paid least 3x to 4x more for other hemostats
Order AllaQuix® and give it a try in your clinic.
We are sure you, your staff, and your patients will be pleased with this new option.
SAFETY OF ALLAQUIX®
The chitosan fibers in AllaQuix® Stop Bleeding Gauze are processed with a proprietary technology that neutralizes and purifies the source, designed to eliminate any potential clinical complications. Processing of the chitosan includes deacetylation, which effectively removes all animal protein, which may cause an allergic reaction. The final step in our post-packaging procedure is gamma irradiation to ensure a sterile chitosan pad. There are no known contraindications.
• AllaQuix® is not for medical emergencies, serious wounds, or persistent bleeding
• AllaQuix® does not replace stitches
• Do not use AllaQuix® on visibly infected wounds
• Longer compression time may be necessary for patients who have high blood pressure or are overweight
AllaQuix® is made from chitosan, which is derived from shellfish. Individuals with known shellfish allergies should exercise caution in the use of any product containing chitosan. A study was published in Military Medicine (176, 10:1153, 2011) evaluating “Safety of Chitosan Bandages in Shellfish Allergic Patients.” The study concluded that all patients with a documented shellfish allergy tolerated the bandage without allergic reactions. (Study available on request)